Governo all’uso Toscano
Wine produced from Sangiovese grapes, selected and picked using crates at the most favourable moment of the picking season.
The grapes are vinified in wooden barrels according to the ancient tradition of “Governo the Tuscan way” with the addition of partially dried Merlot grapes to the wine as soon as it is removed from the barrels.
Aging takes place in the same barrels and continues , after bottling directly from the barrels, for 6 months in glass. In this way a lively, ruby-red wine is obtained, scented and full, fresh and harmonious to the palate with a winey aftertaste that evokes the flavours of the grape harvest.
- Wine Name: Chianti D.O.C.G. Governo all’uso Toscano
- Denomination: Chianti D.O.C.G
- Bottle Size: 750ml
- Grape Variety: Sangiovese 90% with 10% Cabernet, partially dried on the vine.
- Origin: Mixed Calcareous Soil
- Cultivation System: Pruned-spur, Cordon Trained
- Vineyard Density: 4000 plants a hectare
- Avarage Plant Age: 10 Years
- Harvest Season: Sangiovese: Mid September
Cabernet: mid October
- Vinification: Selection of grapes picked manually in crates.
Fermentation in wooden barrels and ageing in the same barrels with governo using cabernet grapes.
- Refining in Bottle: 6 months
- Alcol: 13 %Vol